Sunday, January 31, 2010

“I Two Mama” – Logan Sons 1.30.10

My baby turned TWO yesterday. I can hardly believe it. Where did this last year go? I caught myself reflecting more on his birth and his life now, than I did when he turned one. I don’t know why this is, but it made me emotional. Well, not that I actually write those words, it is most likely because I am pregnant and everything makes me emotional these days. I also think it’s because I was so worried I wasn’t going to be able to keep my child alive to his first birthday and was just so relieved when that day finally came.

We didn’t do much for his BIG day. Just hung around the house and then had my parents comes over for some burgers and cake. First thing in the morning I told Logan happy birthday and then got him to say, “ I two mama!”. So anytime he heard Happy Birthday he would say “ Birthday.. I two!”. One big bummer of the day was he woke up sick. I though it was just his sinus’ again so I wasn’t to worried but today he has had a fever and I just had to call the on-call doc for his fever that was 103.0. I can stay pretty level headed most of the time, and my experience from working at the hospital kicks in and I just play it cool. But then there are days like today when I am emotionally and physically drained and so so sooo tired that I find it hard to keep it together and not think the worst.  Luckily the doc told me I was doing everything right and not to worry.  So as I write this tonight, not only am I thankful my kid made it to his FIRST birthday but I am ecstatic I got him to his SECOND birthday. He has brought so much joy into our lives and keeps us on our toes daily. He has no clue what is coming in May with a new little sister, but we hope he will make the smooth transition.

Happy Birthday Logan. Mama and Daddy Love you to pieces!!

SonsJan_2010 01 30_0752

SonsJan_2010 01 30_0775

    SonsJan_2010 01 30_0781

SonsJan_2010 01 30_0789

SonsJan_2010 01 30_0818

SonsJan_2010 01 30_0773

SonsJan_2010 01 25_0736-1

SonsJan_2010 01 25_0745

No comments: