Monday, July 6, 2009

An Overdue Update

So lets just get it out there, I suck! Yes, I know this. I have really been slacking on my blogging skills lately and to be honest, I hate it! Of course there is a good reason for all of this slacking so I'll explain. 

My niece Lauren is in synchronized swimming... Remember? They have been doing so good this year they were able to qualify for the nationals which were held in Florida. What that meant is the WHOLE family, besides Wes and I, went to Florida! We were left here to take care of everything and house sit for his parents. We didn't have the funds to go out there this year and Wes was really bummed, but on a positive note, we have access to a pool for three weeks. It has been so nice with this heat just to throw on a suit and jump in the pool. Logan is LOVING life. I am starting to think I gave birth to a fish and not a little boy.  He LOVES the water and has NO fear. I have been working very hard with him to kick his feet and hold his breath and he is doing wonderful. I bought him some floaties this week, which was the best thing I could have bought all year long. He puts those bad boys on and then runs and JUMPS in the pool. Yes, My 17 month old jumps in the pool, kicks to the steps, gets out, and then does it all over again and again.  He takes after his mom on this one, and LOVES the water, just like I do. 
Logan has grown so much in this last month. He is not a baby anymore he is turning into this little man. Trying to talk more, running, jumping, dancing, yelling, I can't control him at times.  I took the clippers to his head the other day and shaved his head... Man o Man what a difference. It was like everything about him changed with the blink of my eye.  I am sorry for not having pictures but since we are at Wes parents house I don't have access to my computer, which is a HUGE bummer for me. 
At the moment I really can't think of much more going on. We basically just swim all day and hang out. On the 4Th we had our friends over and swam all day, then did fireworks at night only to come back to Wes' parents house to realize he locked us out and left the keys inside when we left! Yeah! that was a lot of fun. Never a dull moment in the Sons house!
When I think of more that has been going on Ill key you in, until then, Ill be outside. 

Oh I almost forgot. .. SO the girls made it out to nationals and WON.. YES! they WON! How amazing is that. These three little 11yo girls are National CHAMPS in trio! And they came in second place for their team routine. I couldn't be more proud to have Lauren as my niece!  I think I hear the olympics calling Lauren's name.... hmm. 

No comments: