Thursday, April 30, 2009

Birthday Blues

Today is my birthday and I am having such a poopy day!
I really don't know why I feel this way, it's not like today is some big milestone of over the hill. I'm only 26! I guess once you turn 21 there really isn't much to look forward to on your birthday! When your young you can't wait to turn 13, because then your a teenager, then you can't wait to turn 16 so you can get your license and then there is the big 21, so you can LEGALLY drink! Once your are done with 21, then what? You have to wait until you are a senior so you can get the discounts? Or hit the age where you have to get yearly mammograms and other fun things at the doctor. oh yay! I guess it's needless to say. Getting older sucks! Hell I don't need to wait to get a handicap placard.. cause I already have that thanks to my wonderful knee, and I don't need to wait to get a jazzy, because I probably will need one before I know it. So what is there to look forward to on your birthday.
Don't get me wrong, this is not the end of the world. I can't wait to see my kids get older, graduate, get married and have crazy kids of their own. But as of today, I just really don't see anything to celebrate about.
Ugh. I sound pathetic! I need to get away. Or scream!

4 comments:

fran said...

We sbetter be taking you out and spoiling you.....Happy Birthday and cheer up girl!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Hannah Don't be poopy just be glad your here to celebrate with your loved ones Love You POP GRAMMA AND KOHL

meganiris said...

oh Hannah, cheer up butter cup. You could just be like me, every birthday is my 21st. :) heeheehee

Marshman Family Album said...

The grand thing about getting older is all of the wisdom you gain and perspective. It makes all of those years of toil rewarding!! 50 Baby!!! It's all about 50