Monday, March 29, 2010

I feel healthy

Last year my parents bought me a juicer for my birthday. It was the best gift ever. I used it all the time and then like everything else in my life, it was used less and less and then put away in the closet.  In the last couple months I have been using it again and I am so in love with this thing.

I really do love the way I feel after making juice. For the rest of the day I just feel healthy, in a sense. If I make juice in the morning I don’t feel  hungry all day long and constantly in the pantry looking for something to eat. I must be doing something right because I have only gained 6 pounds this pregnancy..

When Logan was sick, I started researching what juices helped with their little bodies and I kept coming to carrots over and over. Carrots are sweet when juiced but there is no way  I could get him to drink it alone. Adding apples has helped. Through trail and error I know now what he will drink. I put two medium sized carrots and an apple ,sometime and apple and a half, for him and he loves it. He normally doesn’t get juice, we only give him water, So for him this is a treat and I would like to keep it that way so he is doesn’t know the difference.  I know that juicing can be high in sugar but if you use the right things it is also very good for you. This is something I hope I can keep up on this time and not put my juicer back in the closet. I just wish fruits and veggies were cheaper!

Sons2010March_0037Sons2010March_0040

This is what Logan gets:

 

Sons2010March_0041

This is my drink when finished…

Sons2010March_0043

and I may have  or have not eaten this when I finished cleaning everything up this morning, and I for sure didn’t eat two!

Sons2010March_0044

No comments: