Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It was a Mission.

It was a Mission this year to take a family picture. This is the time of year that EVERYONE is trying to get a "good" family picture so they can send them out with their Christmas cards. Well, our family is no exception.. ... Except.. I think this is our ONE and ONLY family picture since Logan has been born.. WOW. can you say horrible mom.
So we had Kohl this last weekend ( and what a weekend it was) so I knew this was my only opportunity to take a picture. Well Wes has been working seven days a week so I was stressing, then my parents ( who I was going to have TAKE the picture) had to leave for a funeral. Push came to shove and Wes got off early on Sun then I told my sister she WAS coming with us.
We drove up to Idyllwild, which is about 15 min from us. They have this creek that is so pretty and I thought it would work great. So we get there, walk down to the creek in 40 degree weather, not dressed the warmest... (because we have to look good in this picture.. who cares about being warm) I find the perfect place set the family up get the camera out and it's DEAD!!!! What the hell, my camera is never dead, it's 40 degrees and I am NOT driving home. We then walked back up so I could try and find an outlet to charge this stupid thing. 15minutes later I spotted the Post Office in the parking lot, told Stacey to go check inside and Waa Laa. They had outlets. I jammed in there, stood there for 15 min so I could get just enough power to take a couple pics and off we went. This time a little further up the creek so I didn't have to walk down 500 stairs with my bad knee everyone seems to forget about!!
Pictures were interesting. Try taking a "good" family picture with a 10 month old, an eight year old who doesn't care and is pissed off at you, and a guy who doesn't smile in pictures.. Yeah! Good times. Everything ended up working out great. I got the shot I needed, or that I could make work and we were off.
So here are some of the great pictures we got that day. And as you look you will see what I mean when I say it was a mission.

Photobucket
My test shot.
Photobucket
Look at those expressions.. It says it all.
Photobucket
Photobucket
This would have been nice, if Wes didn't feel the need to hold Logan's head up.
Photobucket
This was at the end... Can you tell?
But finally.. we got a few good ones...
Photobucket
Photobucket
I hope to be sending our Christmas cards out soon. If you have moved or would like one, please send me your address

3 comments:

fran said...

I had to laugh at the one where he is holding Logan's head up...lol

Marshman Family Album said...

Seriously, when we did ours it was the most frustrating thing in the whole world!!! Georgia was like a spit-fire and Henry could barely do anything, so I hear ya girl!! THey look great though!

meganiris said...

i love that you post all of them. thank goodness for digital cameras! hahaha