Monday, November 24, 2008

Dear Logan

This weekend is the first time you have had the flu. Oh what fun! Last week you were acting like you didn't feel well but I thought nothing of it. Maybe you were getting another tooth. So we left Friday for Kalin & Joel's house so we could be closer to Ojia for the funeral. Saturday morning we woke up got ready and had breakfast. At breakfast you had you normal meal, baby food, eggs, sausage and whatever else you could get your little hands on. After, we drove up to Ojia for Uncle Bruce's funeral. During the church service you were great. Your dad and I took you into the quiet room so we could still hear everything but no one could hear you. After the church service we went to the golf course into the banquet hall to hear people speak about Bruce and how much he will be missed. During this time it was very quiet in the banquet hall filled with about 75-100 people. I was feeding you sliced apples to try and keep you quiet when all of a sudden you coughed and then vomit came flying out EVERYWHERE. I grabbed one of the NICE napkins on the table and tried to catch the rest of it before your dad swooped you away to take you outside. You grandfather laughed and mad a comment " well I guess no more apples" I looked at him sternly and said "It's wasn't the apples! Something is wrong!"
Your dad and I took you to the car to change your shirt and to regroup. We decided to take you back in thinking it was just something that didn't settle right with you, and also because dinner hadn't been served and we were HUNGRY. We gave you a 4oz bottle and you went right to sleep on your dad. He held you while I got dinner for the both of us, you never made a sound. Your dad has just sat down with you and I put his plate in front of him when WHOOSH! round 2. Except this time you took your dad down with you. There was vomit EVERYWHERE! All over you and ALL over your dad. I tried to clean up the floor the best I could before finding your dad outside still holding you with this blank look on his face. I had to think fast, so I pulled him into the woman's restroom where I stripped you and your dad could take his shirt off. From there we changed you AGAIN, put a sweatshirt on your dad and they we tried to inhale our food before you went for round 3.
We were in the car driving home when round 3 hit, and this time I was prepared. We had only given you water after round 2 so it wasn't as bad. As soon as we got to Kalin's I put you in the bath tub and realized that it wasn't just something you ate. You had the FLU. Oh yippee! You slept through the night and did well in the morning, of course until we got in the car and round 4 hit. This time I was not prepared and your brother wasn't either as he grasped to the car door and placed his face against the window. We eventually got you home with no more vomiting, but as I awoke today (Monday) now you have the runs! Oh what joy being a mother is. I love you with all my heart and I feel so bad for your little body having to go through all of this, but son, When does the poop stop?

Love,
Your Mama.

No comments: