Friday, May 15, 2009

Great Grandma

Today after we left Kohl's school Nancy and I traveled to the desert to take Grandma some things she has needed. This worked out great because it is just another way to go home, a nice change of scenery.
I don't get to see her as often as I would like, it gets hard when you are busy and since her memory isn't the greatest, sometimes it is even hard to visit with her! When Logan was a week or so old we went to see her and to get pictures of him with her and I really haven't gotten to many since then. He is special to her because he is her ONLY great-grandchild! I took the opportunity today to take more pictures of them together since I had my camera. Pictures are something I don't think you can ever have to many of. They are something that can never be replaced, you capture a moment of time when you take a picture! Looking at these pictures now I see so much more than faces, than people. I see LOVE! Just look into her eyes. She is so full of love when she is looking at him.
Capturing something like that is priceless. It is something that cannot be explained if you didn't have the proof. It is something you have to see with your own eyes. It is something you never want to forget, and it is something you want to share with everyone!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is Nancy's Dad; Roy Richter. He was the inventor of the Bell Helmet and also the Cragar wheel. He passed away is 1983 having heart surgery and I am so bummed I was never able to meet this amazing man.
I do find it funny that every time we see a picture of him Logan lights up and smiles like he knows him! hmm...
Photobucket
I found this picture on the internet of Roy.
Photobucket
I also found this written about him on Cragar.com. All I can think is WOW. Grandma was lucky to be his wife and Nancy is lucky to have called this man DAD..
Richter's big heart finally gave out in July 1983. He was 69 when he died-and perhaps the most liked and respected man ever to rise from the world of California motorsports. His two companies have split and resplit and are now owned and operated by young executives, many of whom know their founder only by reputation. But his legacy persists ... even as the little stores on Gage Avenue slowly fade in the California sun. Surely, as long as men drive fast, the names of Bell, Cragar, and Richter, will not be forgotten.

No comments: