Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cora's Story

I was reading all the blogs I follow the other day when I came across this blog that talked about Cora. Anyone that knows me, knows that I have to find out the WHOLE story. So I did some more looking around and I was so sad and so touched by this little girl and her parents.

To make a long story short Cora had a double ear infection in the beginning of January by the end of January she hadn't gotten better so her parents took her to the doctor where they did blood work and an x-ray. Her results were not good. Her liver was very enlarged and blood work didn't look so good. She then was taken to the hospital where they preformed an operation and found out she had stage four cancer that had spread everywhere and she also had over 100 spots on her liver. You can read all about her story HERE. The reason why I am telling you about Cora is not only because her story and her family have touched me so much, but because there is a group on people on ETSY who has come together and raise money to build a playground in Cora's name, which is what her family wanted. You can go to ETSY and everything you buy from these people, all profits are going to Cora's Playground. There is some really cute things to buy and at really great prices. Cora was going to be one in March but passed away Feb. 8Th. This touched my heart because I could never image having my child get so sick and then passing away. It was hard enough when Wes had cancer. This family, through everything, still remains strong and has put all their faith into Jesus. It just goes to show, we a NOT in control. He is.

Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5





No comments: