Thursday, February 5, 2009

Logan's 1st Birthday run down

On Friday the 30Th when my boy turned one he was more cranky than he had been all year long! I was disappointed at first because it was his birthday and he was supposed to be happy. Let's face it though, in reality, he had no flippen clue what was going on and why people kept saying "Happy birthday big boy!" So that night I made enchiladas my parents came over and Wes brought home a small cake. There wasn't much excitement with his cake, I only cut a small piece off and at first he could care less about it. The only thing that he wanted to go was feel it in between his fingers, then he started hitting the plate so cake would fly everywhere. At the point when I had enough of the cake flying he started putting it in his mouth. I have to say I am disappointed that I didn't get that "classic" 1st birthday picture with all the cake in his face. Also Wes brought this little balloon home from Staters and he WOULD NOT put it down. I tried to help him at one point to put the stick back on the balloon and he threw a fit. ( yes we are into throwing fits these days.

Photobucket
The Cake
Photobucket
SO then Saturday arrived, the day of his party! I woke up with a HORRIBLE migraine, took some pills and asked Kohl to get my bean bag out of the freezer for me. As he was doing this he broke a BIG mug that Wes had in there. Ahh what a way to start a day. I went back to sleep for a couple hours then got up took a shower and we left. I just knew that Logan was going to be in a poopy mood. C'mon it is his 1st birthday.. why should things go smoothly. Well I was right. He was such a crab all day. It also didn't help that he had one nap durning the day. So while everyone was visiting and wanting to see the cute birthdya boy he was either crying, screaming or throwing a fit, and all he wanted was my dad once he got there. Fun times I tell ya. After that experience I really don't know if I'll be having any more birthday parties.
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: